The annual essay contest that is organised by a Japanese NGO, The Goi Peace Foundation in collaboration with UNESCO has flagged this year’s competition and has called on immediate submission of essays from eligible writers around the world under the age of 25, this competition is a free-to-enter contest and the deadline for the submission of essays have been scheduled on 15th June 2019.
The Organizers have tagged this year’s competition which is the 20th edition of the contest with a gracious theme “Creating a Society Full of Kindness.”
In a statement released by the organizers, concerning the prospects and theme of the contest they wrote:
“Creating a Society Full of Kindness”
What does “Kindness” mean to you? How do you think we can create a kinder society?
Carry out ten acts of kindness, and then use your experience as inspiration in writing your essay (your essay does not need to be about your acts of kindness).
- There are no geographical location barriers. You can apply from anywhere in the world.
- To apply you must be within these stipulated age bracket:
a) Children (ages up to 14)
b) Youth (ages 15 – 25)
How To Apply
- Applications can be sent via post to the Postal address, International Essay Contest c/o The Goi Peace Foundation
1-4-5 Hirakawacho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0093, Japan.
- Entries submitted by the postal medium should very well include these following information,
a) Your Full Name
b) Category (Children or Youth)
c) Age as of June 15, 2019
e) Nationality (not country of residence)
g) Valid/Active E-mail
h) Mobile Phone Number
i) Your School Name (if applicable)
j) Your Essay Title
l) Word Count
m) List Of Ten Acts Of Kindness You Performed (describe briefly).
- Digital submissions are accepted and can be forwarded/submitted by following the instructions keenly on this page
- Teachers and youth directors may send a collection of essays from their school or organization. List the details of all the entrants.*A cover page template is available to download. You may also create your own cover page with all items (1)-(13) above.
The following awards will be given in the Children’s category and Youth category respectively:
- 1st Prize: Certificate, prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. US$900 as of Feb. 2019) … 1 entrant
- 2nd Prize: Certificate, prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US$450 as of Feb. 2019) and gift … 2 entrants
- 3rd Prize: Certificate and gift … 5 entrants
- Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift … 25 entrants
1st prize winners will be invited to the award ceremony to be held in Tokyo, Japan on November 23, 2019 and will receive the Minister of Education Award. (Travel expenses will be covered by the organizer.)
Additional awards (Recognition for Effort, Best School Award, School Incentive Award) will be given if applicable.
All prize winners will be announced on October 31, 2019 on this website. Certificates and gifts will be mailed to the winners in December 2019.